Channel refers to the seller and owner of the client contract.
For example - the below image shows an account that was sold and is managed by the fullthrottle.ai team. Therefore, it lives under the FullThrottle Direct channel.
- FullThrottle Direct - only the households/metrics/reporting related to that specific channel's activity
- All Channels - a sum of all households/metrics/reporting that are part of an existing, active channel
Can there be multiple channels?
- Yes. For instance - a FullThrottle Direct channel has an active campaign running, and there is an additional channel for an OEM funded campaign.
- The channel drop-down allows the end user to shift seamlessly between household lists, reports, and performance metrics between the campaigns associated with each channel.
Campaigns are sets of new audiences
- Primary - any stats within the primary, active ShopperSuite campaign
- for example, client location + 50 mile radius
- Out of Market - any households falling outside of currently active campaigns radius/radii
- Total Campaigns - all households that are part of an active campaign
- ie: you have active campaigns in multiple locations across the country. Total Campaigns sums all those households together.
- Total Audience - every identified household, both within active campaign(s) & out of market
Can there be additional campaigns?
- Yes! Please discuss with the fullthrottle.ai support team if you'd like to add additional locations and campaigns to your account.
Articles in this section
- Can I change my email notifications in fullthrottle.app?
- Client Login Screen
- Uploading your Transactional Data
- Partner Design Checklist Logo Examples
- Creative - what are the digital graphic specs?
- Creative - what are the video specs?
- Platform Client Access
- Platform explained: Channel and Campaign
- Can I integrate fullthrottle.ai data with a CDP via API?
- Innovation Assembly - Idea Submission